Article At A Glance
- Most beauty issues are addressed more effectively by using a “holistic” approach that treats the underlying cause, rather than just addressing an immediate symptom.
- It’s easier and cheaper to treat beauty related issues from the source, rather than treating just the symptoms.
- Good news: Some natural beauty supplements that can help us do this. Top picks? Collagen supplements, Biotin, Vitamin C, Keto XP.
Let’s face it – everyone likes to look and feel good. Even though we can wear cosmetics to enhance how we look, real beauty has to start from the inside and radiate on the outside. In this article we’ll look at some natural beauty supplements that can help us do this.
The beauty industry is booming. Recent research shows women spend over $10,000 in cosmetics, and men are catching up. Many people are now adopting a holistic approach to beauty.
‘Holistic’ comes from the Greek word holos, meaning ‘whole’. Rather than just addressing an immediate symptom, holistic therapy treats the underlying cause, considering lifestyle choices.
Did you know it’s usually easier and cheaper to treat beauty-related issues from the source? Instead of just treating a dry skin, or pimples, why not treat the real cause of the problem? This will give you a longer lasting solution and better results.
FYI – The supplements recommended below are backed by science. Wherever possible I’ve included scientific references.
To Sum It Up:
It’s easier, cheaper and more effective to treat the deeper cause of beauty-related issues. By treating the source, you get better, more long-term results.
Here are a few natural beauty supplements available here in Kenya you can use:
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It’s the major component of connective tissue that makes up several body parts like skin, tendons, ligaments, muscle and bone (1).
Our bodies ability to produce collagen decreases as we age, making collagen supplementation necessary.
Collagen supplements offer multiple benefits:
- It reduces wrinkles, and improves skin elasticity and hydration: – It does this by boosting collagen levels in your skin(2, 3, 4, 5).
- Collagen supplements stimulate your body to produce its own collagen, and other proteins that improve skin structure (such as elastin and fibrillin): – This helps reduce wrinkles (6, 7).
- Collagen prevents and reverses cellulite and stretch marks (8): – Stretch marks are mainly caused by excessive fat and lack of collagen. Collagen supplements can help you fix this.
- It increases the strength of hair and nails: – It also stimulates them to grow longer (9).
- Collagen helps in weight management:– Collagen helps increase lean muscle mass and metabolism, as well as appetite suppression (10).
- Collagen supplements help support teeth & gums: – collagen helps bind our teeth firmly to our gums.
- Collagen promotes heart health: – Research shows it reduces artery stiffness (11) and increases “good” cholesterol (HDL) (12).
To Sum It Up:
Collagen enhances natural beauty with better skin, hair and nails as well as teeth and gums and weight management. It helps us live more radiant, healthier lives.
TOP RATED COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS
Biotin is a B vitamin (B-7) found in legumes (like soybeans and peanuts), leafy greens, cauliflower, nuts, organ meats and egg yolks.
It’s water soluble, which means our bodies cannot store it, so we need to replenish it constantly.
Biotin helps in
- Research shows biotin helps us grow stronger and more hair (13)
- Improves strength and growth of nails
- Boosting skin health. People with biotin deficiency may experience skin problems like red scaly rashes
Biotin also thought to
- Improve cognitive function
- Increase “good” HDL cholesterol
- Lower blood sugar
- Reduce inflammation
- Support pregnancy and breastfeeding
To Sum It Up:
Biotin supports better hair, nails and skin. It’s a perfect compliment when taken with collagen.
It also supports other functions that improve our quality of life.
Vitamin C is known for a wide variety of health benefits.
But did you know it’s also a skin care powerhouse? Vitamin C is one of the most potent antioxidants available – and it lives up to the hype, effectively tackling the primary causes of premature aging to give you brighter, firmer skin.
Additionally, the antioxidant effect of vitamin C helps protect the skin against sun damage. Vitamin C takes out the free radicals (cell-damaging chemicals) that would cause damage to the skin.
Think about it – exposure to the sun for 30 minutes can decrease vitamin C levels in your skin by 30%. The same exposure to city pollution can decrease it by over 50%!
Think about what happens when you spend a few hours in Nairobi!
Collagen is the first supplement recommended here – collagen’s production depends on the availability of vitamin C. Lower levels of vitamin C means lower levels of collagen.
To Sum It Up:
Vitamin C antioxidant properties enhances skin health. Vitamin C also has a wide variety of health benefits that increase our general health and well-being.
Our sense of natural beauty would not be complete without proper weight management.
Keto supplements helps trigger ketosis, where your body uses fat to produce energy.
Normally, when your body gets starved of carbs which form glucose, it triggers release of fatty acids from fat deposits in the body. They are then broken down in the liver to form ketones, which are used to produce energy. Your body then gets into ketosis.
It can take weeks for the body to get into ketosis, even with the right diet.
The keto supplements accelerate the path to ketosis.
You end up with a better body composition with more non-fat tissue.
To Sum It Up:
Keto supplements accelerate the process of getting into ketosis, where the body gets its energy from fat deposits. You end up with a better body composition – a higher percentage of non-fat tissue.
Which Natural Beauty Supplements Do You Use?
These supplements are a good start to your journey for natural beauty. Are you using any supplements? Which ones do you use?
Got any questions? We’ll be happy to answer them.